Lisette Ros (1991) is a (conceptual) performance artist from Amsterdam.
In her work she challenges conventions, routine behavior and banal acts and questions their self-evidence. Starting point of her work is the confrontation with herself; questioning and challenging her own bodily conditioning, lust for control and daily routine. As performance artist Ros uses herself to provide audiences with the same confrontation as she undergoes herself, both in body and spirit. Ros poses questions by doing.
Her critical findings are shared in live performances, performance video art, as installations or whichever form is suited best for transferring the research insights and confrontation.
- ‘INTERVENING SPACE: The Loft’ video exhibiting online at Straight Through The Wall, NYC, USA: April 2020.
- ‘The Mirror’ video + prints exhibited at Oped Space + Gallery, Tokyo, Japan during the ‘Reflection’ show: March & April 2020.
- ‘TRANCE’ collaboration with Asian Dope Boys (Tianzhuo Chen) at MWoods Museum, Beijing, China: 13 October till 3 November 2019. Live performance: 36 hours in three days (very short impression in the video above).
- ‘My Self, the Body’ video + installation at Uncensored Festival, London, UK: 17 till 20 May 2019.
- Launch of ‘My Self, the Body’ in a live performance + installation with The Living Museum at South By Southwest (SXSW), Austin, Texas, USA: March 2018.
- ‘INTERVENING SPACE: Reframing Conventions’ live performance at International Art and Architecture Festival, Venice Biennal, Venice, Italy: October 2016.
- ‘INTERVENING SPACE: Reframing Conventions’ live performance and installation at IFFTI Polimoda Conference, Florence, Italy: May 2015.
© Lisette Ros
© Photo: Edland Man (collaboration with Beau Battant)